The online assessment tool grades tests automatically, except for short answer/essay type questions.
For tests that have short answer/essay type questions, users will see an exclamation point (!) in the Grade Center until points are assigned for those questions.
In addition to assigning points for short answer/essay questions, it is also possible to change point values for questions that have been automatically scored.
To assign or change point values:
- Log into your course site.
- Under the Control Panel, click Grade Center > Full Grade Center.
- On the Full Grade Center page, you will see each assessment that has been taken by each student. Hover your mouse over the score for the student assessment you want to grade or view, click the arrow that appears, and choose View Grade Details.
- Click the Grade Attempt button for the attempt you want to grade or view.
- For each test question, there will be a box that allows you to specify the points earned for that question. It is possible to give more points than the stated maximum. In addition, you may also add comments to the student in the Feedback to User section.
- When you are finished, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Save and Exit or Save and Next button.