A Blog is a tool that instructors can use to allow students to reflect on learning, see other students’ posts, and leave comments about their work.
To create a Blog within Blackboard:
- Log into your course site with Edit Mode set On.
- Click on the area (i.e. Content) in which you want the blog to appear.
- Click Tools > Blogs.
- Click Create New Blog and Next.
- Type a name for the blog and any accompanying instructions.
- Select Yes for Blog Availability. You can also set Date and Time Restrictions. Generally speaking, we recommend leaving the blog available to students so that they may refer back to it at any point during the course.
- Under Blog Participation, select Group, and uncheck the box for Allow Anonymous Entries and Comments.
- Under Blog Settings, select Monthly, and check the box for Allow Users to Edit and Delete Entries.
- Under Grade Settings, you could choose to create a single Grade Center column for all posts made. If you plan to grade individual contributions, you can choose to manually add columns to the Grade Center after the blog has been created.
- Click Submit.
- Once you’ve created the blog, you’ll need to create the Link to the Blog within your content area. Select the name of the Blog. Click Next.
- Confirm the Link Name, any accompanying text, and corresponding options.
Under Options, select Yes to make the blog Available.