You can post a variety of document types to your course site, including Microsoft Office documents (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Acrobat PDF files. Note: If your Word document has unusual fonts or special characters, you may want to post it as an Acrobat PDF file.
To add a document to your course site, please do the following:
- Log into your course site with the Edit Mode set On.
- Click on the area (i.e. Content) in which you want to place the document. If you want to post your document to a specific folder, click on the name of the folder.
- Click Build Content > Item. Note: You can choose to click File instead, but you will not have the option to add a description about the document.
- Type a Name for the item. You can also add a short description in the Text box.
- Under Attachments, click Browse My Computer. Select the file you want to post and click Open.
- Under Options, you may choose to track who views the document and set date restrictions. If you do not set a date restriction, the document will display indefinitely within the course site. It is generally recommended that date restrictions not be set.
- When finished, click Submit.